Saturday, August 14, 2010

Baby Shower Cake for Alexis' Sister-In-Law!

Oh my gosh I had soooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOO much fun making this cake!!!!!!!!!! My dear friend Alexis asked me to do this cake and gave me an idea from the Martha Stewart website that she liked, called a "lollipop garden." Click here to see it, it's darling! She also gave me the invitation to her sister-in-law's shower, so I could go off the colors. It was too much fun making the gumpaste daisies and the white chocolate daisy lollipops! I also made a new cake recipe for this cake. It's a deliciously moist lemon cake with lemon curd filling and a glaze-tasting buttercream frosting. This cake is a 9" cake, and I placed it on a 12" circle with a 12" square cake box for travel. I learned so much making this cake and I am grateful for creative people like Alexis that I can grow from! I am so happy I got to make this cake!!

No comments: